Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Best scenario? Perhaps!

So, i'm a little late in posting and most of you who follow world cup already know this, but perhaps the best case scenario took place on Saturday. England and America pulled a draw. Well, you Brits are thinking that you let America win, but a goal is a goal. And I discovered that in spite of my deep love for England and the beauty of their football skills, I am at heart an American. When push comes to shove, I WILL cheer for America. I should have known this, given we just finished 3 weeks of cultural training that pointed out our innate cultural bents. In any case, I thought the world should know. I also discovered that my husband is coming to enjoy this great sport. I think living in Spain will simply cement his burgeoning love for soccer. Back to world cup, now we hope that both teams dominate Algeria and Slovenia (which shouldn't be a problem) and they can move on and meet in the finals?
Meanwhile, on the homefront, my son has learned his uncle Matt's jedi trick (see below), met his Jones cousins, flown on his first airplane (or 6), been to the mountains and the beach and 8 states in between. People keep asking if King has a schedule? How could we possibly have schedule when it seems we sleep in a different place every other day. I guess he does have a schedule...flexible. We aren't trying to, but he is getting good training for our big move. God has been gracious to us in the midst of this, though, and he has been sleeping pretty well, particularly now that we aren't at 8,000 feet above sea level where the air causes extreme gassiness and burpiness in babies. I think God is using this more to point out my insecurities as a Mom and to teach me that i need to trust in Him rather than my own idea of schedule or "control".
Pics below as promised...

first plane ride (well,actually, number 6)

Jedi trick with Uncle Matt

Cousin Luke...lives in England cheering with King

Meeting cousin Abby for the first time

at the beach with Daddy....not yet loving the waves, but definitely loving the wind

1 comment:

  1. love the blog :) He's such a doll baby :) The Jedi trick is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete