We've been having a combination of excitement and overwhelmed-ness. Life was getting crazy the other night and King was getting fussy so I took him outside and walked him through the narrow streets of our neighborhood. I held him close and told him things were going to be alright and kissed him on the head. I whispered in his ear as we walked by all these people who had no idea what I was saying. As I spoke softly I began to cry because I didn't know if it was going to be okay.
I wonder if it will be.
Wish you guys could be with us taking in all these sites.
everything will be great bro - you'll get used to the changes and will be able to do a lot of good over there.
ReplyDelete-alex
Jeremiah 31:31... "The time is coming," declares the LORD,
ReplyDelete"when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to them,"
declares the LORD.
33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time," declares the LORD.
"I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,"
declares the LORD.
"For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more."
This is the hope to which we cling and the sure promise that is coming!
We are praying for you all!!
Stephen and Charity--It IS going to be okay. Because God has called you to this work. Because we love you and pray for you always. Because God says to you in 2 Thessalonians 2:15-17: "Friends, take a firm stand, feet on the ground and head high. Keep a tight grip on what you were taught, whether in personal conversation or by our letter. May Jesus himself and God our Father, who reached out in love and surprised you with gifts of unending help and confidence, put a fresh heart in you, invigorate your work, enliven your speech." Much love, Mom
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone. It's good for our soul to hear your thoughts.
ReplyDelete