Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Update on my dad

A number of people have asked us about my dad after I had to make an emergency trip back home to the US. It was a good trip, but we were sad to see that my dad has declined pretty rapidly over the last 3 months. He went from working full time and walking, to being confined to a wheel chair and having trouble eating. It's a tough time for our family and we still have lots of decisions to make in terms of his care and his move from Atlanta to Greenville.

For me personally, it's been ridiculously hard. I've gone from angry to sad to confused and then back again. It's a little unusual to even write about it because it's so unresolved and messy. I much prefer to write about things after I've come out the other end. But there it is.

I think I'm trying not to paste a "moral of the story" on it. But man, there is something about minimizing death that seems much easier. Much more manageable. But, much less human.

No comments:

Post a Comment