I have kind of a love/hate relationship with "semana santa" or Holy Week. I love that there are parades for Jesus, but I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of the people at these parades aren't celebrating Jesus. The thing I love about this huge festival in our city is that it makes me want to be a person who celebrates more. I want my faith to be something worth celebrating and worth spending a lot of money on and making public.
Our city is unique in that it doesn't just have white or gold nazarenos (KKK looking guys).
I've seen some crazy stuff in my life, but this Mary float might be one of the craziest. Not just because the figure is older than our country, but because it is made of pure gold and silver. I mean, this thing has to be worth literally over a million dollars. Pure gold and silver are literally throughout this float. You can't see it in this picture, but she even has a huge train that is made with a golden thread design.



No comments:
Post a Comment