Friday, April 13, 2012

No better life...

Today I worked as the doorman for a clothing drive. It was loud and chaotic, just how I like it.

I had to give out numbers to the masses as they waited for an opportunity to come in to get clothes. Lots of people speaking lots of languages surrounded me and tried to convince me that my opinions about order were very cultural. They laughed with me, accused me of all sorts of wrongs and gave me smiles whose gratefulness could melt the hardest heart. One drunk woman yelled at me on and off for over an hour and two kids played by my side for two.

I don't get to the see the beauty of the ugliness of humanity so closely knit together that often, but tonight was a treat.

When i got home I was exhausted, but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment