I had to write this down before I forgot because it's just too good not share. So recently, we've been trying to tell King to pray for the things that he wants. Instead of whining to me about things that I can't change, he's actually started to pray his wants.
This morning he asked me to bring "the helicopter back". Translation: there is an old man that comes to our park a few times a month with his remote control helicopter and plays with it and we are able to witness it from our window. Whenever he comes King yells, "HELICOPTER", and we all run to enjoy the moment. I, of course, have no control over this, so I told him to ask God. Within 1 hour, I heard Charity yell from the back, "Stephen, you gotta see this." The helicopter came. It was awesome.
After King's nap he asked for the helicopter again. I thought to myself, "Let's not get out of hand, he came once." With lots of doubt in my heart, I prayed for God to bring back the helicopter. Charity told me that she decided that she couldn't bring herself to pray for the helicopter to come today, so instead, she prayed that he'd come back tomorrow. We got home from church tonight and King went right back to the window. King yelled,"Mommy, he brought it! God bring it. He answered our prayers!" He started run around the room in utter delight.
I couldn't believe it.
Really, I couldn't believe it.
If this weren't enough, King asked for "sheep and goats" on the way home from church. Translation: during the spring and fall there is a flock of sheep and goat that come by and drink from the stream. We'll normally see them about once every two weeks and it's the highlight of King's day. The problem with this request is that we only see the flock when there is water in the stream. In June, July, and August there is no water because it's so dry.
As we're passing over the bridge to go into our apartment King says, "God bring back the sheep and goats Daddy?" Probably because I knew that there was no chance for them to come, I encouraged King to pray. Normally he refuses and bugs me until I pray, but this was the first time that he actually prayed.
I had totally forgotten about this request until King's got out of the bath and went back to the window. Then he shouted, "Sheep! Goats!" I was shocked, humbled, dumbfounded. There was no water, but they still came! We've lived here almost a year and I can't remember ever seeing them when the stream was dried up.
God answers prayers.
Don't take my word for it, take King's.

After King's nap he asked for the helicopter again. I thought to myself, "Let's not get out of hand, he came once." With lots of doubt in my heart, I prayed for God to bring back the helicopter. Charity told me that she decided that she couldn't bring herself to pray for the helicopter to come today, so instead, she prayed that he'd come back tomorrow. We got home from church tonight and King went right back to the window. King yelled,"Mommy, he brought it! God bring it. He answered our prayers!" He started run around the room in utter delight.
I couldn't believe it.
Really, I couldn't believe it.
If this weren't enough, King asked for "sheep and goats" on the way home from church. Translation: during the spring and fall there is a flock of sheep and goat that come by and drink from the stream. We'll normally see them about once every two weeks and it's the highlight of King's day. The problem with this request is that we only see the flock when there is water in the stream. In June, July, and August there is no water because it's so dry.
As we're passing over the bridge to go into our apartment King says, "God bring back the sheep and goats Daddy?" Probably because I knew that there was no chance for them to come, I encouraged King to pray. Normally he refuses and bugs me until I pray, but this was the first time that he actually prayed.
I had totally forgotten about this request until King's got out of the bath and went back to the window. Then he shouted, "Sheep! Goats!" I was shocked, humbled, dumbfounded. There was no water, but they still came! We've lived here almost a year and I can't remember ever seeing them when the stream was dried up.
God answers prayers.
Don't take my word for it, take King's.
No comments:
Post a Comment